Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Today is a brand new me...starting with meal time!

School officially began today and as I came home to an empty house filled with clutter and toys I decided this year WILL be different. Now I have said this every year I make a fall resolution (it is sort of like my new year's resolution but begins when summer ends) but this year I am going to make it stick. So I sat down and made a list of things that get neglected because I feel overwhelmed or run out of time. My two biggest problems are laundry and cooking. I read somewhere to start doing one full load a day including putting it away (always the part that gets me) so I will start this today and see how quick the clothes in a basket everywhere scene changes. My ultimate problem is making dinner-I never cook early enough which means we eat out which leads to putting on more weight and having less money...it is a vicious cycle! Now I have also started canning some of our fruit and vegetables to save some money and imagine my surprise when I learned all my pressure cooker can do...ok it was all wrote out in the manual and on the box but it was an amazing discovery for me today. I have the Fagor Pressure Cooker and can cook chicken in fifteen minutes that is the same amount of time it would take to get to any restaurant. The pressure cooker also comes with a great recipe book that is broke down into specific meats and meals along with average cooking time for each meat. The Fagor Duo Pressure Cooker is the  #1 Recommended Pressure Cooker Model Rated by Cook’s Illustrated Magazine and is extremely easy to operate. I personally had no clue how to use a pressure cooker and thought it would be great for canning but was amazed at all the time/money saving uses one little "pot" could do! The pressure cooker also comes with a 10 year warranty and can be used on a variety of surfaces including gas, electric, ceramic, and induction. The 18/10 stainless steel pressure cooker also comes with a stainless steal steamer basket with trivet that makes amazing tasting broccoli florets and cheese-yum! Overall I more than pleased with my Fagor Pressure Cooker and am very excited to not only save time while cooking but save calories because I will be eating at home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment