Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Alma's Design-Five Green & Speckled Frogs

Ever heard the song Five Green & Speckled Frogs? It is one of my daughter's favorite songs and we love to act out all the motions. While walking around the ABC Expo I came across Alma's Designs and look what I found:
It is the Five Green and Speckled Frogs on their log! This makes reading and singing our favorite story so much more than I could every imagine. My daughter can easily manipulate the frogs and the log each time we read the story and it really brings it to life. My favorite part of the frogs is the help with number recognition. Each is labeled with a number and I like to challenge her to put them in number order and name each number on the frog when she puts them back (also great for counting!). Alma's Designs also offers Storytelling Activity Sets for other classic stories including 5 Little Monkeys on Bed, Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly, Caterpillar Doll and so much more! 
Along with the great Storytelling Activity Sets Alma Designs offers Cloth Activity Books, Reversible Storytelling Dolls, Imaginative Play, and my other favorite Learning Wall Charts. 
What a great addition to any holiday list to have toys that allow our children to be creative and unplug from all the electronics. Our speckled frogs have become so much more than an interactive tool for a story book....we use them for counting and creating our own frog stories. I challenge each of you to find a toy this holiday season that encourages interactive play and imagination without electronics. I am very excited to continue our journey with the help of Alma's Design and find more ways to bring my daughter's books and imagination to life! Be sure to keep up to date on Alma's Design by checking their facebook & twitter pages! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment