Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Spring is finally here-garden time!

Oh spring time...it seems here in the midwest we have gone from extreme cold to extreme heat! One of my favorite things to do in the spring is plan out my garden. Has anyone else started this past weekend? I have decided to try something new this year-plant all the seeds inside and then transplant outside.

I found a really cheap greenhouse at a small local shop similar to the one below:

Then I planted all of my plants in toilet paper rolls-yes that is right toilet paper rolls! I filled a plastic container with a small amount of dirt then put in the rolls and filled with the dirt and seeds. The best part is I wont have to worry about breaking any of the fragile roots when I transplant-the whole toilet paper goes into the soil....so easy and you know me anything easy is perfect in my book :)

Happy gardening-looking forward to reading all about your green thumb adventures this spring!

0 comments:

Post a Comment