Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sponsor Highlight: 1,000 Places to See Before You Die


Ever wonder where you should travel? I consider myself a novice traveler and want to expand my experiences and travel log. This summer we will see Alaska-one more place off my bucket and a place I knew I had to visit before I died. But where else should I go? If you spent time researching ever place imaginable you would have no time to actually experience the world. Thanks to Patricia Schultz, author of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, I now can expand my horizon and travel plans.

The book is broken down into eight regions of the world which make planning a trip to each area very easy and efficient. For example if you flip to the Europe section you will find Great Britain and Ireland, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia. Before reading the book I never even considered traveling to Scandinavia....now it is on my top 5. Look at the amazing things Scandinavia has to offer:

My husband and I really enjoyed going through the book and tabbing sections. We used three colors-where we have been, where we plan to go within 10 years, and where we will visit when we retire. After tabbing the entire book I really can appreciate how much the world has to offer and how small my view of "vacation spots" was before reading. Our ultimate goal is to spend our next few summers exposing our daughter to the world and with the book giving recommendations on where to stay, best times to visit, and cost it really cuts down on our leg work. I know I will be including the book in all the graduation gifts this summer....what better motivation to succeed in life than to look at all the amazing photos of the places you can visit! Schultz did an amazing job depicting each country in photos and really bringing each country to life-visit the site here where you can click each flag and get a preview of countries featured in the book.  Be sure to enter our father's day giveaway....3 winners will walk away with their very own copy!

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I plan to travel in the next two years before we start having kids. Im gonna have to go get this book!

    ReplyDelete