Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday morning=chocolate toast!

In my house Sunday is the one day where my daughter gets to be in charge of meals and I must tell you it is fantastic. Its the one day I am ok with eating meals out of order and just having whatever her little heart desires. Well this Sunday I was very excited when she requested chocolate toast. This of course is toast with Nutella spread on top-delicious & nutritious! Nutella is a tasty hazelnut spread that contains quality ingredients such as skim milk and a hint of cocoa. Nutella spread on whole wheat bread, or any multigrain product, with orange juice or skim milk is a good combination for a balanced breakfast that the entire family will enjoy. Nutella contains no artificial colors or preservatives. Last weekend I was given the opportunity to host a Nutella party with several of my mommy group friends and it was amazing. I do have to admit I was not sure of how it would taste since I am not a huge hazelnut fan but it was very pleasing to the taste buds. The texture was very creamy and had just the right amount of chocolate. Nutella has been a breakfast tradition in Europe for ages and I am excited that it will now be a part of our household. Everyone at the party had a great time and we have many new Nutella fans! I have put Nutella on toast, bagels, and even pretzels.My favorite part of Nutella is that it is safe for those with peanut allergies so I can be comfortable having the jar out in the open and not worry about my daughter developing allergies! If you have busy mornings or need a quick snack I suggest picking up a jar of Nutella-its quick and kids will love eating "chocolate" for breakfast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment